Traditional course platforms did not offer the level of flexiblity that Gary required both for styling and functionality of the overall platform.
As with any full-stack application, there were three main parts of Designcourse each assigned to a different person:
- Gary produced Designcourse's design himself.
- Jip was commissioned to translate the designs into front-end HTML and CSS.
- I am responsible for producing the back-end application, intergrating the front-end into the back-end and also managing the infrastructure.
Some tech details
To make you technical people happy, here is a short digestable list of all the technologies used for designcourse.com
- Nuxt 2 for frontend
- Node.js/Express for backend
- Handlebars for email templates
- MongoDB for database
- Docker + Jenkins for deployment
- Cloudflare for DNS
- Traefik for linking services together
- Linode for servers
- Braintree for payment
- Passport.js for authentication
If you have more specific questions, shoot me a message. I'd love to answer it for you.